Aug 24, 2010

when you come to a fork in the road, pick it up

I got to have dinner with one of my favorite families of all time tonight - the Linscotts. Karen Linscott is my mom's second cousin but she and Mason have always felt like my aunt and uncle. Laurie and Nelson are their kids (I used to babysit them when they were little). It's truly amazing to be around a family who loves and enjoys one another so fully and unconditionally. Laurie is an amazing person - so funny and so beautiful inside and out. Nelson is hilarious, he has the best sense of humor and is so passionate about life. Karen and Mason are great parents and good people. They are very close to my heart because I always felt like I could be myself with them. Even in my teens, they always took an interest in me and treated me with respect. What a gift to be surrounded by such awesome people who really love each other. Thank you, Linscotts, for such a wonderful evening!

1 comment:

  1. You, Lauren, are a beautiful woman- and not just because you said such nice things about us! It was wonderful to see you while we were in Chicago. We will put your blog on our favorites and visit it regularly. You will be a regular in our prayers. We are proud of you and Robbie. HAVE FUN and Enjoy the ride!
    We love you! Karen, Mason, Laurie and Nelson

    ReplyDelete