Feb 4, 2011

Australian Open

Robbie and I were able to attend the Australian Open for an evening. We got to watch the two following matches at the Margaret Court Arena:
Men's Singles - 1st Round
Robin Soderling(SWE)[4]def. Potito Starace(ITA)
6-4 6-2 6-2
Complete
Not Before:7:00 PM
Men's Singles - 1st Round
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga(FRA)[13]def. Philipp Petzschner(GER)
4-6 2-6 6-2 6-3 6-4
It was by far the best sporting event I've ever been to. The experience was totally different live than on television. I grew up playing tennis with my dad and brother and I remember my dad watching the grand slam tournaments on TV. I was surprised at how small the court looked in real life. We were amazed at the power and athleticism of the players - something that's easy to take for granted when you're watching on television. The Tsonga vs. Petzschner match lasted for over three hours. Tsonga was the crowd favorite and was able to come back and win in the end after being down two sets. It was very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment