Feb 16, 2011

he liked it. so, he put a ring on it.

Robbie let me know quite a while ago that he was planning something special for Valentine's day. A week before V-day, he started giving me these love letters. The letters started with a word, then a definition of that word and finally, a letter about how that word has been lived out in our relationship. The words included honesty, loyalty, friendship, comfortable, beautiful, passion and everything. For seven days in a row, he'd leave these letters for me to find along with a chocolate rose (i'm not that crazy about flowers but I'm gaga for chocolate).
On Valentine's day, Robbie took me to a nearby town called Williamstown where we got Thai food to-go, then had a romantic picnic on the beach. Here's me totally oblivious and unassuming enjoying my wine:
Robbie said he was going to give me my last love letter and I had to turn around when I was finished. The word was love. When I turned around he had written, 'lulu, will you marry me?' in the sand and was down on one knee.
Of course, I said yes. It was amazing, smart, clever, sweet and so romantic. We laughed, cried and watched the sun go down on the beach. It was lovely and perfect. I'll never forget it.
Already, we're overwhelmed at the outpouring of love and support we've received from friends and family who've watched our relationship grow over the past five years. We're so grateful to have each other and all the amazing people (you!) to share this wonderful, juicy, whirlwind-of-a-life with.

1 comment:

  1. In tears. So beautiful! Love, love, love. Thank you for sharing this incredibly intimate special and romantic moment with us. So happy for you two.

    ReplyDelete