May 26, 2010

Sat Naam

I took a Kundalini Yoga class at Spirit Rising Yoga studio last night. I immediately bought a 10-class package. Here is an exerpt from their website which describes perfectly their purpose and mission: "Spirit Rising" is translated as "Cherdi Kala!". Cherdi Kala is the experience of a self-disciplined person who is self-realized and always has the energy to accomplish their mission in life. "How are you?", you might ask that person, and the answer with a smile is "Cherdi Kala! My spirit is rising!" It is a reference to the vital force of the Kundalini Shakti, active and unfettered by fear, ignorance or laziness and reflecting radiance, grace and nobility. The practice of Kundalini yoga is unlike any yoga I've ever experienced. Kundalini yoga focuses on postures (rather than poses), finger positioning, chanting and meditation. The class was an hour and literally felt like 5 minutes! I left the class feeling calm, peaceful and awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment