Jun 5, 2010

Eleanora

My dear friends, Carmen and Greg, had their baby girl on May 28th. They named her Eleanora and she's the sweetest little thing I've ever seen. Meeting her and holding her for the first time (she was about 48 hours old in this picture!) was an unforgettable experience for me. I've never held a newborn that new before and Carmen and Greg are the first of my group of friends to have a baby so it's all very new for me. I instantly fell in love with her. I felt, more than I ever had before, for a split second what it would be like to have my own child. I care about Carmen and Greg so much, they are so dear to my heart, and this baby is an extension of them... I would do anything for her! There was a long period of my life where I didn't know if I wanted to have kids. I really didn't relate to kids very well and I couldn't see myself being a mom. I felt like there were better things I wanted to do with my life. Then, I met Robbie and that changed. I could see myself having kids with him someday and it felt right. Then, holding Eleanora confirmed that feeling ten fold! That will be an amazing day. Not for a long time but wow...that will be a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment